The symptoms of depression range from mild to very serious, and while this recipe isn’t a solution that’s intended to replace other forms of treatment, we’re finding more and more information that supports having a healthy diet to combat symptoms of feeling blue. Nature has provided foods that naturally trigger happy chemicals in our brain; think chocolate or different forms of blue-green algae for their PEA content, or bananas which contain tryptophan and can trigger serotonin production in the brain (and in the tummy) which of course, results in feeling happier.
- 1-2 Frozen or fresh bananas (frozen makes them creamier and more like an ice cream treat)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds or hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds or flax oil
- 1 pinch vanilla bean or tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 scoop protein powder optional
- 1 cup almond, coconut or hemp milk
Instructions: Peel your bananas before freezing them or blending them fresh. Blend your ingredients together on high until smooth and enjoy!